The Bible says life and death is in the power of the tongue. This goes true for everything in your life, including loosing weight and gaining your health back. Have you ever heard of the quote by Henry Ford, “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t your right.”? Well that’s true.
A few years ago I was a member of a group that had to do with size acceptance. It is true that beauty is what’s on the inside, but it was difficult to be around people who had such bad attitudes about taking care of yourself. I realize that some people have eating disorders and stress over every inch they loose or gain, but that’s not what I’m talking about. What I’m talking about is people who don’t care if they are dangerously overweight and they don’t care and don’t want to try and change their lifestyle one iota even if it means to save their lives. One woman even stated that since she knew she would gain the weight back she wasn’t even going to try.
Well, after becoming diabetic myself after years of being 125 lb. overweight I realized I needed to make some changes. My first change was to leave that group. My second change was I changed my lifestyle and all I had to do was go to beauty school. Just being up on my feet doing something all day helped a lot. I lost 30 lbs.the first few months!
Lately changing my eating habits and controlling my portion sizes has caused me to drop another 20 lbs! I’ve gained a few back but I’m going to start over with a new attitude and I* will* loose the weight.
“Old habits die slowly” is an old outdated mindset. To replace old habits here are three steps:
- Decide what you want to do and the results you want. Be specific.
- Develop actions that would accomplish what you desire.
- Examine your actions to see if you are holding back or not, or if you need to make any changes.
Here are my three steps:
- I want to loose my next twenty pounds in about four months.
- I will include at least thirty minutes of exercise in my day, every day. I will use portion control and be careful about the deserts. I will start walking tomorrow. I will buy a DVD player for my exercise dvds to go in the living room where I have a little more room to work out. I will get plenty of sleep so I will be able to do this. I will buy the food I need to make the portion control recipes in my book.
- Actions seem good so I’m good to go!